About the Role
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 - $45.00 per hour
-Salary varies based on experience
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Hermantown, MN 55811
-Local only, no relocation expenses paid for by JBW
About JBW Consulting Engineers
JBW Consulting Engineers is a multi-disciplined engineering firm located in Duluth, MN. Our work takes us across the nation and is primarily in industrial facilities. We are a young and growing firm that is excited to add the next important piece to our team.
Our work consists of mechanical, structural, and electrical engineering, design, and analysis for Industrial, energy, and infrastructure systems. Most of JBW’s projects involve Fire Protection, Piping and Pumping Systems, Material Handling Systems, Industrial Ventilation/Dust collection systems, and Machine Design. We also provide creative Industrial BIM solutions for our clients on a regular basis.
As our next team member, you will have an entrepreneurial attitude and be excited to come to work every day to help build our firm. You must fit our culture of service through empathy with facility managers and engineers; this requires excellent communication skills and the ability to provide quality, timely work.
Our goal as a company is to do projects we enjoy and are capable of doing well, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
JBW's Why and How
Whether it’s a coworker, vendor, contractor, or a valued client, we are dedicated to providing engineering solutions by identifying and overcoming their barriers, one by one. Our team consists of highly skilled engineers, designers, and field technicians. Our strong focus on process engineering and a commitment to understanding stakeholder needs leads to a successful, safe, efficient, and reliable project outcome. Our team’s broad experience includes successful engineering and design projects in wood products, nuclear, oil and gas, mining, plastics, power delivery and distribution, and manufacturing. The JBW Team has successfully completed projects in over 10 states and provinces in North America, with project values ranging from less than $50,000 to greater than $150M.
Our success has been built on our core values of Relationships, Communication, Solutions, Responsiveness, Technical Proficiency and Quality.
We pride ourselves on having real-world experience. Many members of our team have backgrounds in construction and facility engineering, giving us insight to fully understand our clients’ problems, and provide practical and sensible solutions that work well for all shareholders.
JBW Consulting Engineers offer the following Services:
• Mechanical & Process – Full design and engineering services to create the most sustainable equipment and processes.
• Structural – Full design and engineering services to create stable structures that will be around for generations to come.
• Civil – Full design and engineering services to support civil projects for clients in the public and private sectors.
• Electrical – Full design and engineering services for the energy sector including oil and gas, coal, nuclear, power generation, solar, and wind.
• Facility, Process, and Equipment Evaluation – JBW has team members with extensive knowledge and specialties in combustible dust hazards with the ability to analyze the hazards present in your facility.
Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations
1. Adhere to the core values of Relationships, Communication, Solutions, Technical Proficiency, Quality, and Responsiveness as defined by JBW.
2. Must have an entrepreneurial attitude and be willing to tackle different tasks as they arise.
3. Work directly with Engineers to complete new designs and modifications to existing facilities.
4. Incorporate engineering changes to evolving designs for fast moving projects.
5. Create detailed drawing packages for bidding and construction.
6. Create and revise 3D models and detailed drawings using Revit, and AutoCAD 3D.
7. Must be willing to work in daily collaboration with other JBW team members, and a variety of industrial clients.
8. Maintain a billable rate. Items that would not be considered billable are IT, safety, and other marketing/BD related items. This is not a hard rule and at times unbillable tasks will prevent it. Use your best judgement and know that our viability as a company depends on us being as billable as we can while not ignoring the non-billable items that need to be accomplished.
Associate’s Degree and 1-2 comparable work experience.
Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD 3D.
Ability to work effectively with others in a cross-discipline organization.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills